Dancing was not in my heritage. Brought up in a conservative, Mennonite community, dancing was considered taboo. We did not even have dances in our public high school. So, I have had to slowly adjust my thinking as my kids went through high school here in our community and like other teenagers, expected to go to the dances. As we attended other weddings, I saw that dances were often regularly an accepted part of the wedding festivities.
The dance at our son's wedding was beautiful. The father/daughter dance was touching. I was surprised when my son turned to me during the dance and said, "Okay, mom, let's join them."
The entire wedding party also planned a special dance so artfully planned. It was so fun to watch. Another highlight of the dance came when Lillian was wheeled to the dance floor by her granddaughter, Renee, and I had a chance to swing to the YMCA with Lillian.
So, here's to dancing ... Like the song from "My Fair Lady", I could have danced all night.

2 comments:
I agree...the dancing was a lot of fun!
Thank goodness they got them to the church on time.
Post a Comment