Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Back to "normal"

From this ...
To this ....
Nick and Joy in their Budget truck on their way back home
The truck says it all ... they are "moving up" together..
Nothing like good coffee to make life feel normal
Patsy Clairmont entitled one of her books, "Normal is just a setting on your dryer." The title is funny but actually, quite true. Finding our stride after several months of "excitement" is interesting. About the beginning of March, my side of the family started the process of placing my parents in care facilities. That was not a "one time" fix as circumstances dictated flexibility and patience. Along with placing my parents in new surroundings, came the task of selling their belongings. In May we held the sale. Other activities in that month were the end of college classes for Shane and me, graduation ceremony and small reception, the last week of school in our elementary school, packing up boxes for the upcoming move to the new school, and a trip to the West Coast where we picked up our daughter at the Seattle airport and reconnected with her. Then, it was on the wedding festivities in Oregon.

Now we are home. Tonight we are washing floors and tidying up the house a bit. Bills need to be paid. This week we have enjoyed a fellowship time in church, a ladies coffee and a luncheon with some relatives plus a celebration of Dale's birthday with some friends. Slowly we are re-entering our world here. It is so good to appreciate the good times of routines. They do have a purpose.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love all the details and pics you post. Thanks for sharing! Did you hear we drove back from Nick's wedding? We went through Yellowstone on the way home. Hope you are able to rest some now that things have slowed down. : )

Christy

Unknown said...

Exciting times and "back to normal" times are not always smooth transitions.

About Me

My photo
Who Am I? I am a daugher, a sister a wife, a mother, a friend, a helper, a homemaker, an administrative assistant, a teacher, a student, I am young, I am old, How can I be all these things? Momement by moment, One day at a time.