Monday, June 15, 2009
The cost of education
Today I took our Rav4 in to get it serviced. I was feeling pretty pleased with myself for getting it done at half price for customer service week. My daughter and I were on a tight schedule with some things we had to get done this week so she could return to China next week. I had dropped her off at the bookstore and was feeling happy that the day was going along so well. I even remembered that I was running on empty and that I needed to fill up with gas. I did that and then for some reason, I studied the receipt. $1.99/gallon ... that can't be right, I thought. I studied some more. I got out of the car and looked at the gas pump and stared at the yellow handle ... I had seen the words "ethanol", knew we always bought the gas with some ethanol added, and FILLED the tank. Some of you may have guessed what I did. Yep, I filled the vehicle with "non gasoline, 85% ethanol." I called the dealer. They informed me that I would have to drive the car back to the dealership and they would be done draining it TOMORROW. So, now I have a problem. Gratefully, they offered me a loaner but I will be driving back tomorrow afternoon to pick up my vehicle and pay the $150 charge. So, the loss of the $25 for the "gas", the charge for the draining, and my time and expense tomorrow will be roughly $200 for a moments lapse of clear thinking. Expensive! My advice...read every thing on the gas pump before you fill and don't use the yellow handle pump! (unless of course, you drive one of those special vehicles.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2009
(103)
-
▼
June
(23)
- A Work in Process
- Bad Hair Day(s)
- Catching up from a year in a couple of weeks
- Summer memories
- Portia Prayer
- Back to "normal"
- The cost of education
- Beauty from the inside out
- Many threads
- I could have danced all night
- Sugar and spice and everything nice
- Dog tired and content
- It's all relative
- Random Rehearsal Photos
- Here Comes the Bride
- Nick and Joy 06-06-09
- Tribute to the Groom by his father
- Rehearsal
- Showers of blessings for the bride (and groom)
- The wedding process
- Letting go and Getting back
- Old Faithful Inn
- Trip to Paradise (Inn)
-
▼
June
(23)
About Me
- Reflections
- Who Am I? I am a daugher, a sister a wife, a mother, a friend, a helper, a homemaker, an administrative assistant, a teacher, a student, I am young, I am old, How can I be all these things? Momement by moment, One day at a time.
No comments:
Post a Comment