Monday, June 29, 2009

Catching up from a year in a couple of weeks

Lunch with friends
Bike ride filled with fun and not enough air in the tires


Brunch with friends
Lunch with more friends
Our daughter flew home to attend her brother's wedding this June. She has already left to go back across seas. In just a few days, we managed to catch up, at least a little, from the past year. We shopped, we exercised, we cooked, we hosted together. She presented a program. She rested, a little. We visited with relatives and then packed her bag, still dusty from her previous travels. We laughed, I cried. Lets just say that we crammed more into a few days than was humanly possible.

Thankfully, we have good communication to each other throughout the year so we did not have to rely on speaking in high speed. I think I should keep a journal this year to record questions that come up during the year that I wish we could speak of more fully when she returns.
She has grown up. She is an inspiration. I miss her but she will be back before I know it. Hopefully I grow up too.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The days have to be packed when the time is short. How fortunate we are that memories do not have to be rushed.

About Me

My photo
Who Am I? I am a daugher, a sister a wife, a mother, a friend, a helper, a homemaker, an administrative assistant, a teacher, a student, I am young, I am old, How can I be all these things? Momement by moment, One day at a time.