On Monday, the day of the funeral for our mother, Dale lost his ring of keys. We have searched everywhere and tried to retrace our steps. He remembers sliding them into his pocket and he guesses that at some point in the day, the keys slid out and fell to the ground.
On Tuesday, after he noticed that they had disappeared, we found ourselves looking (searching) everywhere. We cleaned out our vehicle, the house, our bags, and made phone calls to see if they had showed up. They haven't. What I did notice was that searching changed my perspective. I was seeing things I wouldn't have normally noticed.
I was reminded of the parable of the lost coin and of how I need to keep searching the Word for wisdom from above. Searching does change our perspective as it opens our eyes and heart to absorb the truth.
Friday, July 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Reflections
- Who Am I? I am a daugher, a sister a wife, a mother, a friend, a helper, a homemaker, an administrative assistant, a teacher, a student, I am young, I am old, How can I be all these things? Momement by moment, One day at a time.
1 comment:
When the lady found the coin, there was rejoicing. We hope that will be the case for you soon.
Post a Comment