Too much coffee and a long nap keep me from sleeping so I will share my latest decorating details. I am trying to keep in mind the economic principles that our Wednesday leader at church shared with us ... about using what we have and not feeling like we have to rush out and buy more stuff. In the mean time, I am trying to freshen up the look of our bedroom. I really have been tempted to go buy all new furniture but then I am not sure what I should do with those things I already have. Added to that burden is the fact that some of these furniture pieces were given to me by my parents and I feel like I should keep them. So, I have decided to use the furniture and recreate an aura of a "cabin getaway". The carpet will get replaced and the walls will get painted. My dream is to line the ceiling with notty pine boards, stained lightly and then added some crown molding to finish the look. That will take care of some of the ceiling cracks that we have in our plastered ceiling. These pictures will show you where we are at with the project. I found the white bedstand at Gordman's and I have another one coming for the other side of the bed. I want to find some matching lamps yet that add to the room and then it's time to paint the room and order carpet (and ceiling). Thanks to my sister, Valerie in Lincoln who helps me out with advice. More pictures to follow (in the year to come).
Seeing the bed reminds me that it is quite late - well, actually early in the morning and I should try and get some sleep.

1 comment:
You have great ideas. Be careful. Things may get out of hand. We hope that Dale found his keys.
Post a Comment