Thursday, July 9, 2009

Esther

Esther,
I know you are in a place where you won't need to read this letter but I need to put the words down for myself. Today we picked out the brochure for your service and you would be please to know that we have selected a picture with yellow roses! I discovered today that those were the flowers you had at your wedding! I didn't know that. Thirty- five years ago, when I married your son, I also carried yellow roses. I wonder what other things I didn't know about you.

Dale and I have use the blanket you made for our bed - the tied quilt. We think of you often as we make up our bed. I know you used your talents to make many blankets and other finery.

I remember our family trip with you and Harold and both my parents to the Black Hills. What a memory! You were a trooper hiking all the way down to the lighting ceremony at the Faces and back again. We could tell it was difficult but little did we guess that you would have open heart surgery shortly. On that same trip, you made a game out of finding all the states license plates. The kids loved watching with you.

I wish I had asked you more questions. I know you use to teach school. How was that? Thanks for giving me your picture collection from that season in your life.

I KNOW you loved your sons and were very proud of each one of them. I don't think I ever heard you say you wished one of them had been a girl. I think you were in your element when they were all sitting and eating around your dining room table. Thanks for raising such great sons!

We celebrate your life, your gifts, your talents. You have been a blessing to your family.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Who Am I? I am a daugher, a sister a wife, a mother, a friend, a helper, a homemaker, an administrative assistant, a teacher, a student, I am young, I am old, How can I be all these things? Momement by moment, One day at a time.