I find it easier to write when I have pictures but I do not have any photos for this blog. Yesterday I drove a lady to Sioux Falls so she could receive her radiation treatment for cancer. I was amazed at her strength, her acceptance and her continuation of life. She continues to work at camp, planning meals and planning the grocery lists - huge jobs when cooking for large camp groups. She got a call along the way. "Could she pick up some supplies for camp?" Sure! No problem. She is not sitting around waiting for platitudes or someone to feel sorry for her but ready to go on with life.
I was stunned. Maybe she has been through the many stages of acceptance already but watching her LIVE her day was an inspiration. She said she was tired of trips to the city where she has already received chemo treatments and is now in the process of radiation treatments. She makes the 35 mile trip three times a week so much of her life has been on the road. But her general spirit was one of zeal to go forward with life.
Sometimes I wonder why my day doesn't go right; why everything I touch spills or breaks or my timing is off because I am usually running behind or, (see earlier blog), my hair is not cooperating. Most of those things are annoying but not life changing like cancer. I realize again that life's focus is not in perfection but in a balance of acceptance, a zest to go forward, and a thankful spirit, whatever the circumstances. I humbly applaud those who have faced some "big giants" in their life and continue to walk on courageously.
Wednesday, July 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Reflections
- Who Am I? I am a daugher, a sister a wife, a mother, a friend, a helper, a homemaker, an administrative assistant, a teacher, a student, I am young, I am old, How can I be all these things? Momement by moment, One day at a time.
No comments:
Post a Comment