
It's Thursday night, my class night, and I have driven the 50 miles back to my home. Managerial Finance is the class I am taking this semester. It's a traditional classroom setting and I find myself surrounded with young, typical college students. They are great as they graciously smile and include me in their learning.
I have learned several things in this class.
#1 I can always learn new facts and ideas. Yikes!!! This class is way out of my comfort zone. I have to study hard to try and keep up with the material. I listen intently to the professor, give him eye contact and seem to follow along UNTIL he gives us a problem to work. I have no idea what to do and I wonder where my mind has gone. I keep learning...
#2 I may not be cut out to manage a business. Wow! That is shocking but I will deal with it. The class has encouraged me to think more about the present value and future value of money. Maybe those bargains I find aren't such great deals after all.
#3 There are worse things I could do with my time. Being challenged is kind of a great adventure. Who cares if I don't get the best grade in the class or answer the questions correctly? It takes the pressure off the other students and gives them assurance to keep learning too.

No comments:
Post a Comment