
Yes, the valley ... it is dark, it is scary, I feel alone ...
But I am not alone
And I do not have to fear
For He is with me
His rod and His staff
They bring me comfort.
Even when I don't see Him or feel Him,
He is there.
He has promised. He Will Not Leave Me.
I can simply rest in that.
I fear no evil because you are there,
protecting me with your rod and your staff.
You guard me in all my ways.
You bring comfort to my soul in spite of the valley.
Surely goodness and love will follow me...
My cup will overflow as you anoint my head with oil,
I certainly will dwell in peace in the house of the Lord forever.
There are green pastures I will lie in again.
Today there is only the valley I can see.
But I do not have to be afraid.
I can rest, I can let go, for His promises are sure.
Great is His faithfulness.
To that Shepherd, who knows so much better than I,
I leave the care of my father. In the Valley, He is there.
We are never alone.

No comments:
Post a Comment