Tuesday, April 21, 2009

The Mocking Bird Hill





I can't think about my dad without humming the song, The Mocking Bird Hill. Dad is now situated in a brand new facility, The Country House. It is beautiful with so many wonderful places to visit, watch TV, even a courtyard with rocking chairs! The staff is so wonderful and has invited me to enjoy supper with dad.

Even though it is hard for dad to understand his location, it is a safe, loving environment for him. We pray that he will be able to enjoy some of his days. In spite of his frustrations, he continues to lift the spirits of others with his music.






1 comment:

Unknown said...

Moving is never easy, but good friends and helpful people make a big difference. Norm's dad liked to play the banjo. We remember such "great" songs as "Turkey in the Straw," and "Cotton-eyed Joe."

About Me

My photo
Who Am I? I am a daugher, a sister a wife, a mother, a friend, a helper, a homemaker, an administrative assistant, a teacher, a student, I am young, I am old, How can I be all these things? Momement by moment, One day at a time.