Today I tried to leave South Dakota to take my mother on a little trip to visit her son and family in Little Rock, Arkansas. We rushed to Sioux Falls, walked many steps through the parking lot and through the airport, held our breath through security while they searched mom and her walker (since she has a cochlear implant) and then proudly walked (again down the longest hallway) to the end gate where we waited for boarding.
Unfortunately, our plane was still sitting in Chicago waiting to leave the ground due to weather. After a couple of hours and no luck at re-routing, the ticket agent recommended that mom and I rebook for the same flight tomorrow. Sounds good! Just he isn't the one maneuvering luggage and a beautiful, but rather disabled mother back down the hallway, down the elevator, and back out to the parking lot. Whew! Maybe tomorrow will be better. We sure got a lot of memories out of that cancelled flight. Mom went to bed early tonight so she can be ready for the next go around tomorrow.
Wednesday, June 23, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2010
(35)
-
▼
June
(14)
- Meeting the family and friends
- Life is what happens when we are making plans
- Go Team!
- Contrasts
- Meeting friends in Hong Kong
- More pictures from China
- Chopsticks and the proverbial “sweet spot”
- A shout out to our daughter
- From the road beneath our feet to the faces smilin...
- To Tofu or Not to Tofu........
- On the street where she lives...
- China Stomach
- Picture is worth a thousand words
- We're not in Kansas anymore
-
▼
June
(14)
About Me
- Reflections
- Who Am I? I am a daugher, a sister a wife, a mother, a friend, a helper, a homemaker, an administrative assistant, a teacher, a student, I am young, I am old, How can I be all these things? Momement by moment, One day at a time.
1 comment:
Sometimes carrying our plans is harder than making them.
Post a Comment