
During the course of the sale, I encouraged a young mother to rest her arms from holding her sleeping baby. Once more, the crib that nested my brothers and me is used for its intended purpose. It was at this point of the sale that my eyes teared up for a moment.While a take a break from loading pictures to my blog, lots of thoughts swirl through my brain about the household sale of my parents. There were several nostalgic times throughout the day that almost brought tears to my eyes and a slight tug to my heart. For a moment, I would think that I could "buy" back the "good old times" by bidding on the items for sale. But there is no present dollar value that can purchase the past and maybe that is good. I will treasure the memories as I let go of the possessions of my parents' lives.
The treasures I see as I pursue through the photos are the people. There are always the innocent purchaser who happened to find the sale bill interesting. There were those buying with a purpose, i.e. EBay or an antique store. The majority of folks, however, were those with historical connections to the family. They found it important to be at a sale and to buy from my parents. I sensed that the importance of items went beyond the need or the beauty but stemmed rather to a relationship. It has been the prayer of my parents to be a testimony to others. In some way, I hope that their "stuff" can continue to bless others. More important than the stuff, is the treasure of friendships and relationships built through the years.
The treasures I see as I pursue through the photos are the people. There are always the innocent purchaser who happened to find the sale bill interesting. There were those buying with a purpose, i.e. EBay or an antique store. The majority of folks, however, were those with historical connections to the family. They found it important to be at a sale and to buy from my parents. I sensed that the importance of items went beyond the need or the beauty but stemmed rather to a relationship. It has been the prayer of my parents to be a testimony to others. In some way, I hope that their "stuff" can continue to bless others. More important than the stuff, is the treasure of friendships and relationships built through the years.

No comments:
Post a Comment