Friday, May 8, 2009

Awards - Bright Spot in a Moment of Time

I won my first award, Sammie Hasegawa Outstanding Management Student ... I was absent for the presentation but was pleased that my youngest son could accept the award on my behalf.
Observations:
1) I am feel honored. There are many students who go through the program I just completed. Many of them have sacrificed time away from their young families to attend classes.
2) Many others have supported me in my endeavor: my husband, children, parents and friends, teachers and staff members at USF. I do not feel that I have accomplished my goals alone. Without their help, support and understanding, I could not have met my goal.
3) I have no need to boast. In a year from now, no one will remember who won this award this academic year. No one around me in my every day world will look at me differently.
4) The award is an affirmation of God's faithfulness. Without Him, I am nothing. I can do nothing without His strength.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations. Though some may forget, those that mean the most will remember.

Keith and Lisa Strasser said...

Ruth,

Congratulations on the award. I heard that both you and Shane cleaned up at the award ceremony.

It was fun to read through some recent entries.

Landon is coming tonight. Looking forward to meeting him.

Keith

About Me

My photo
Who Am I? I am a daugher, a sister a wife, a mother, a friend, a helper, a homemaker, an administrative assistant, a teacher, a student, I am young, I am old, How can I be all these things? Momement by moment, One day at a time.