This weekend we were all set to go to see our new granddaughter. However, when my husband woke up on Saturday morning, his throat felt scratchy and we certainly did not want to bring a bad bug into our children's home. Sure enough, the scratchy throat turned into sniffles and achiness. So we chose wisely and stayed at home.
Both of us had a long "to do list" but for some reason, my list evaded all efficiency and stubbornly refused to fall neatly into place. Addressing cards for invitations to an Open House in June became an old project! But, the job did get accomplished albeit consuming much time and consternation.
Ahh...so our neatly laid plans were set aside and scrambled. It's a bit like working on a puzzle. Some days a person can walk by and quickly place in two or three pieces. At another time, a person can sit for a long time trying to organize pieces of the puzzle and put them where they go, only to find that they don't fit.
Sunday, May 16, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Reflections
- Who Am I? I am a daugher, a sister a wife, a mother, a friend, a helper, a homemaker, an administrative assistant, a teacher, a student, I am young, I am old, How can I be all these things? Momement by moment, One day at a time.
1 comment:
And missing pieces can really ruin a perfect day.
Post a Comment