Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Sights from Chicago

Willis Towers (formerly Sears Towers) behind us ... from the ground
Views from the river


The Locks that allow water into the river from Lake Michigan ....
If you look carefully, you can see the glass "shelves" we stood in at the top of the Sears Tower, or Willis Building as it is now named.



Ghost of the Darkness Lions... See their skulls in the center of the picture

Sue, the dinosaur from South Dakota meeting two South Dakota natives

From the top of the Willis Building



Our experiences from the streets of Chicago, pressed in on every side by people and cars rushing by, gave us only one "view" of the city. From the water to the sky, we saw Chicago from many angles. The glass windows atop the Sears Tower (Willis Towers) afforded an overview and the boat ride on the river and then out to Lake Michigan allowed us to to see the city from the bottom looking up and then from the outside in.
Expanding our mental vision was the museums ... where we had the opportunity to see the remains of "Sue", the dinosaur remains found in South Dakota and the lions from Africa featured in the movie, "The Ghost in the Darkness."











No comments:

About Me

My photo
Who Am I? I am a daugher, a sister a wife, a mother, a friend, a helper, a homemaker, an administrative assistant, a teacher, a student, I am young, I am old, How can I be all these things? Momement by moment, One day at a time.