The gems of this life are moments in time. Those gems are available every day for the taking. With even the best planning, we cannot duplicate or replicate these gems. Sometimes these gems come as we focus on other activities. Sometimes they appear in a moment of pain or joy.
What are these gems? Special moments with friends and family ... breakfast with your son in an unexpected time, skype conversation with your daughter in another country, supper with a son at a HyVee and then looking for a shower curtain at Walgreens, evening tea with dear friends, pizza together in a dim, out-dated place with friends, phone calls while on the road, a welcome home smile from your husband, a secret shared with a friend, ...
A gem can be as ordinary as a good bed in a quaint hotel or a cup of coffee in the morning with a homemade carmel roll, a good book, a belly laugh, and even a finished assignment.
Tuesday, March 31, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Reflections
- Who Am I? I am a daugher, a sister a wife, a mother, a friend, a helper, a homemaker, an administrative assistant, a teacher, a student, I am young, I am old, How can I be all these things? Momement by moment, One day at a time.
No comments:
Post a Comment