I drove from Rochester, Mn back to my home in South Dakota. On my drive on Interstate 90, I stopped at our favorite McDonald's in LuVerne, Mn. This is likely one of the best McDonald's in the country. How do I know? I know because it is filled with locals, especially at 3:30 in the afternoon. Everyone is sitting in clusters enjoying a cup of coffee. Blue jeans and seed corn hats are the popular attire. The average age is well beyond 60.
The big news today was that the senior coffee has just increased in price! Unbelievable! That news was soon overshadowed by a cop car picking up a vehicle for speeding by the nearby highway. There was in inaudible cheer as the lady cop got out of her car to approach the offender. "She got him!" they exclaimed.
The large flat screen TV in the dining area broadcasting national news (President's visit to London) went unnoticed with all the local excitement.
Tuesday, March 31, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Reflections
- Who Am I? I am a daugher, a sister a wife, a mother, a friend, a helper, a homemaker, an administrative assistant, a teacher, a student, I am young, I am old, How can I be all these things? Momement by moment, One day at a time.
No comments:
Post a Comment