Perhaps you are not like me but I am always excited for Christmas but find it an illusive dream. Caught in the mob at the mall or combing the computer sites for Christmas gift ideas I find myself feeling disillusioned while trying to catch that Christmas spirit. Today I received that special gift that reminded me again of the true spirit of Christmas.
A first grade student came to my desk early this morning with a small package. The young boy handed me a package wrapped in green tissue paper and I asked in surprise, "Is that for me?" "Yes," he replied. So I carefully but excitedly unwrapped the package. I discovered a slightly smudged lilac sealed envelope inside which I opened. Folded in fourths within was a white 8 1/2 x 11" paper with a pizza hut reading log on one side. On the other side he had drawn and colored a picture of me (with my mouth wide open - of course, I knew it was me immediately!) and he had carefully printed the words "Mis.Strauser this is From Ethan."
My heart was touched with this rare expression of the true meaning of giving and receiving.

2 comments:
Children have a way of reminding us of what is important.
so sweet.
Post a Comment