Monday, December 12, 2011

Main Street Christmas

There is a charm of Christmas in a small town that cannot be replicated by the big city malls.  I'll take Christmas shopping here in "smallville" any day even though it does not hold the number of choices available in the mega mall.  True, I cannot find everything on the list here.  But that doesn't mean I can't find small surprising nuggets to add to the package.

Today, for instance, I was able to visit a new boutique, The Pink Grasshopper's opening!  Amazing transformation of a small, older home this little store was busting with creativity and gorgeous items and bargains. That was followed by a trip to another second hand store that changes with inventory everyday as items come into the store.  One never knows what treasures will appear!  Today I found a gorgeous pin to wear on my sweater.  Then, to add to the charm of the late afternoon shopping experience, our bookstore/soda fountain, The Kairos, hosted a Christmas tea.  There I sipped on tea while daintily nibbling on goodies.

Uhmmm ... Do you see what I mean?  You just cannot replicate this experience in the bustling, crowded malls with it's artificial atmosphere.  

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Who could ask for anything more?

About Me

My photo
Who Am I? I am a daugher, a sister a wife, a mother, a friend, a helper, a homemaker, an administrative assistant, a teacher, a student, I am young, I am old, How can I be all these things? Momement by moment, One day at a time.