Summer time can be fun, relaxing and flexible due to the fact that I job as school administrative assistant does not extend office hours through the summer. I can enjoy that for a day, a week, and for those times when I have someone to share either my company or my assistance. But, after awhile, I feel a lack of purpose and struggle with my feelings of self worth. I have discovered that I like the structure of a job. I guess the "perfect" setup would be a full-time job but with the privilege of taking off time whenever needed for family events.
In these difficult economic times, it reminds me to be thankful for the job I do have and for the opportunities it provides for me to serve others in a structured setting. It also reminds me to think of those who have lost jobs and to do whatever I can to be supportive of their difficulties.
Friday, August 5, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Reflections
- Who Am I? I am a daugher, a sister a wife, a mother, a friend, a helper, a homemaker, an administrative assistant, a teacher, a student, I am young, I am old, How can I be all these things? Momement by moment, One day at a time.
2 comments:
You are worth a lot to the only one who matters, who set eternity in the hearts of men!
And I think you're pretty stinking awesome too!
Thanksgiving extends to many things including being. The doing will take care of itself.
Post a Comment