Coming home after vacation one should feel full of glory and on top of the world. After all, rest, variety, good food and a fresh perspective should make everything go smoother. WRONG!!! Why is that coming home often brings out the worst in ... well, the lawn mower for instance. I back it up, then stop and to engage the mower blades, and hear a slight grinding noise and then nothing! By nothing I mean the blades no longer engage to cut the lawn. Really now, what was it so hard for the mower to stand there and wait for me to return from vacation? Have you noticed how easy it is to expect these kinds of days on the "first day back?"
The good thing is that it is usually nothing so serious that can't be fixed, replaced, washed, or redone. Thanks to our faithful John Deere Shop in town, the mower belt was soon back in its place. It reminds me to "Cast all of my care on Him because He really does care for us", whether in vacation mode or in our back to normal life (or the transitions.
Monday, August 1, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Reflections
- Who Am I? I am a daugher, a sister a wife, a mother, a friend, a helper, a homemaker, an administrative assistant, a teacher, a student, I am young, I am old, How can I be all these things? Momement by moment, One day at a time.
2 comments:
OOh, she's back! I like the post mom. Keep 'em coming (if you enjoy it) and try to beat your posting record for June.
The little things help us to appreciate vacations.
Post a Comment