Sunday, February 6, 2011

Sadness Gladness

Today is the day we take our daughter back to the city where she will fly away for another semester of teaching. There is always a tinge of sadness in the process and a hole in our lives.  Gladness, however, soon covers the space as we enjoy the fact that she is involved in such a job with such worthwhile effects.  Her life has enlarged our own vision, our own world, and just as the business world is starkly aware, even to those on the other side of the world, we are next door neighbors, impacting each other.

To children who grow up into adulthood and take wings, who sprout into individuals who can contribute and serve others, we lift our smiling faces even as a small tear slithers down our cheeks.

2 comments:

Portia said...

Wow--thanks for those kind words mom. When did you write this? You are sneaky.... We really did have a fun few weeks though, didn't we? We are learning how to live in harmony.

Unknown said...

She has an opportunity so rare and one that will impact her life (and yours) forever.

About Me

My photo
Who Am I? I am a daugher, a sister a wife, a mother, a friend, a helper, a homemaker, an administrative assistant, a teacher, a student, I am young, I am old, How can I be all these things? Momement by moment, One day at a time.