Sunday, March 27, 2011

Thoughts on Quietness

This morning in our service, our pastor talked briefly about the importance of quietness.  She spoke of the propensity to hurry from activity to activity, filling our days with our "to do lists" and our assignments.  I believe that is true for me.  I enjoy waking on a Monday morning knowing that the day is mapped out for me and that I can go to work.  My day is planned and I don't need to worry about how to fill the hours.

Sometimes when I am faced with an unstructured day, I find it distracting to "fit in the pieces of the puzzle" to fill the day.  I was reminded today not be be afraid of the quiet.  "He will quiet you with His love." Zeph 3:17.  So when I am afraid of the quiet, I can trust in Him knowing that "the Lord your God is with me and mighty to save.  He will take great delight in me."  

Even in the clamor of activities, we can breathe in His quietness.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Quiet moments are rare in our fast paced lives. Our thoughts are blessed when we relax in quietness.

About Me

My photo
Who Am I? I am a daugher, a sister a wife, a mother, a friend, a helper, a homemaker, an administrative assistant, a teacher, a student, I am young, I am old, How can I be all these things? Momement by moment, One day at a time.