Sunday, February 5, 2012

Grumpy Days

I have no excuses!  I simply felt grumpy today and resented almost everything that floated through my mind.  Silly me!

A person in church seemed to think because I was married I didn't need to worry about money and a satisfying job, at least that was the impression I went away with  Grrr!  I believe that God created me as a person with gifts and part of my responsibility is not to bury those gifts (or hide behind my husband) but rather that I need to fan those gifts to live to my fullest potential!  Yes, I agree that we do not hold in highest regard the almighty dollar  but there is no doubt that it is difficult (or almost impossible at times) not to equate our worth with our pay check.  Thankfully I do not have live on my pay check or I would be homeless!

Also, I felt sorry for myself because we were left alone on Super Bowl Sunday!  It seemed that the rest of the world was invited to party and we were the lone man out.  However, a quick walk through our small town confirmed the fact that there were others alone on this celebrated day.  And, now that the game is well on its way and past the hyped half time program, I am good with being alone here at home where my husband and I can slip to the loft, watch the rest of the game while reclining on the couch, and switch to Downton Abbey on Public TV at 8 p.m!

Tomorrow is Monday and I love to go back to work.  Perhaps that is worth more than a paycheck :)

2 comments:

Portia said...

Mom, I would have partied with you guys on Super Bowl day. How funny that I had a party to attend, and I was wondering when I could slip off and be alone. Why is the grass always so much greener over there? Love you!

Unknown said...

If life is only a paycheck, it must not be worth much. It might even "bounce."

About Me

My photo
Who Am I? I am a daugher, a sister a wife, a mother, a friend, a helper, a homemaker, an administrative assistant, a teacher, a student, I am young, I am old, How can I be all these things? Momement by moment, One day at a time.