Sunday, October 11, 2009

Joyful for Joy




In addition to attending the Garrison Keillor Show this weekend, we had the opportunity to visit with Nick and his wife Joy. We drove to St. Paul together on Saturday afternoon. After the Keillor show, we went out for a great supper at Kincaids, a wonderful steak house in downtown St. Paul. We were able to walk from our motel.

On Sunday morning we enjoyed a leisurely breakfast at the motel and then a beautiful drive back to Rochester. It was a great opportunity to get to know Joy. We are so happy to have her as part of the family. We appreciate her adventuresome spirit and willingness to travel with us. The only thing that would have made the "perfect" weekend better would have been to have had Shane and Portia with us too. We did, however, have a chance to get to talk together on the phone with both of them.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I had such a wonderful time. Thank you for the great weekend. We are looking forward to our next get together.

Unknown said...

An abundance of happiness.

About Me

My photo
Who Am I? I am a daugher, a sister a wife, a mother, a friend, a helper, a homemaker, an administrative assistant, a teacher, a student, I am young, I am old, How can I be all these things? Momement by moment, One day at a time.