Where do the years go? Forty Years!!! Are you kidding me? Seriously, I think it was just a few years back when I graduated from high school. Obviously, feelings are not always accurate.
As a class, some of us have stared death in the face and succumbed. Others have defied death's grasp only to be left with severe disabilities. We have experienced great economic times only to be present when the economy plummeted. Many of us have been blessed with marriages and families. The number of grandchildren seemed to be the only measure of achievement present. Out of the 38 living members, 19 were able to attend the reunion. Sometimes I had to ask "who are they?" and other times I marveled that they looked exactly as I remembered. There was laughter, tears, and an appreciation for life and relationships.
I am thankful for the opportunity to reconnect to the past with a positive reunion. I am blessed to have been a part of such a great class. I feel that our class has grown in a spiritual way.
Wednesday, July 14, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Reflections
- Who Am I? I am a daugher, a sister a wife, a mother, a friend, a helper, a homemaker, an administrative assistant, a teacher, a student, I am young, I am old, How can I be all these things? Momement by moment, One day at a time.
2 comments:
Could we see a photo please? I hear you had some sweet hair!
It is good to reconnect with classmates and reminisce. The passing of time has a way of showing its influence.
Post a Comment